domingo, 10 de agosto de 2014

Part of the experience

As an ULACIT student I have to say that my experience throughout these 3 English courses I have taken have been awesome. First, because I acquired new knowledge I thought I would never be able to get, but I did. Besides, I made good friends, knew girls (good part though) and I feel I am forgetting something. Oh yes! I improved my fluency and self-confidence when speaking in English in front of bilingual people. And I invite anyone who is reading this blog right now to do it, and give a shot! Without further ado let's begin!


The first link I would like to share with you guys is one I found in YouTube, this guy explains very well how to use different tenses and phrases that will make you sound more bilingual and also you will have a larger vocabulary to use in meetings, socials, by telephone or just a simple conversation with an outsider friend who only speaks English.



Once you see it come back to the blog because I have more to show you guys!

 Future decisions, Intentions, Arrangements, and Timetables


Did you like it?? Great! Now you have more tools to apply in your daily life.


I just can't forget one specific class, in which the teacher was asking us for different kinds of animals, for example,  there are mammals, animals that live in a cage, others that live in the wild or in a sactuary; everything was fine at that point, but in the list of answers there was the tiger, which perfectly fit in the answers. What animal (s) is endangered nowadays? R/ The tiger! -The teacher- Fine!
 What animal (s) lives in the wild?. R/ The tiger! -The teacher- well, yes! *laughs*. What mammals can we find in nature? R/ The tigers!. *laughs* -The teacher- Mmm, yes, please use another options... *More laughs*. What animal is carnivore? Please do not say the tiger!! *Laughs again*


Ha, ha! Followed by  this brief anecdote, let me share with you this interesting video, pay atenttion to adverbs, such as: exactly, definitely, how, when, where, etc. This video is about endangered species, in specific the lion and after that, another one about adverbs. By the way, we watched this one in class and I won 2 extra points for responding some questions the teacher asked about adverbs, hurray!


Endangered Species

Adverbs (two extra points :D)


More structure:

Coditionals

The reason why I post  the conditional tense instead of another one, is because I consider this one a very tricky one, and this video explains very well what you need to know about conditionals.

Conditionals "If questions"
This part is called: 

Responding questions (With videos):


Questions, experience and advices by Langtry







I wrote some essays, which I am going to post here, they were written by myself so I hope you like them.




The first one is called "You're not allowed to give up"

Once upon a time there was a guy who thought he had no skills or special qualities. He had talented friends who inspired him to learn about music, arts and singing. 
Unfortunately he never excelled as 
a musician or as an artistic person, 
which disappointed him. On the 
other side he realized that he was
 very good at socializing and 
talking in front of a crowd. 
His relaxed but smart way to 
explain things surprised older
 people when he was a kid, since that time people started to recognize his unique abilities, so as he did.
Once he grew up and got a bachelor degree, he knew it was time to move on and excel in real life maybe giving a shot in the artistic area once again, or taking advantage of his intelligence and compromise with the academic studies. After reaching that title he wasted four months at home sleeping late and staying at home all the time, the academic opportunity of his life presented in front of him, a scholarship conference at ULACIT. After he was explained all the details to participate, he refused to present the documents, because he was still feeling he was not good enough to get it. Nevertheless, he thought twice and decided to participate and convinced himself that he was good enough to give a shot there. After a few (but long) months the good news knocked at his door and in fact, he got it, the joy and happiness he felt in that moment was unexplainable, because he knew that his life had changed for good. He had gotten the best scholarship in the best private university of Costa Rica.
 



The curious thing about this story is that he comes from a middle class family which was unable to pay for at least one subject in a private college. However, his prayers and the optimism he finally showed paid off.
Nowadays, he is improving his artistic skills and he keeps on learning new stuff and acquiring new skills to apply in his life and help others. He has always trusted God and believed that no matter what, he is able to achieve his goals and make his family, and especially, his mom, proud.
I am sure that this is a real story because that guy is me, and I won’t stop until I become a really successful man.

Thanks for reading.




The second one:

You won one million dollars

Many people dream about the day they win the lottery, or the day they find a bag of money. I think we’ve all dreamed about being rich and buying anything we want. To a certain extent, that would be good, once we know that money is not everything.
However, I I had one million dollars, I would give my mom and my grandparents part of the money so they can invest it in some things they have planned, but they have not been able to achieve for obvious reasons.
Afterwards, I’d buy myself a few more things, but I don’t want to talk about the obvious, I better say that, honestly, I would be very pleased to see my family enjoying their gift, they deserve it. Them I would hesitate whether to leave the scholarship or not. If I did, it would be in order to have more free time to start a business or invest the rest of my fortune.



Humbly, I consider myself a good money manager, I would never spend the money on things I consider useless. Besides, I don’t have any vice, so bad habits would not be an obstacle.
First, I would help my family. Second, I would buy some things I need, and then, invest the money on a business (obviously while I’m still studying), and if my business becomes successful I’d help poor people with part of the earnings.
As a conclusion, winning a million dollar would definitely change my life and the lives of people I care about.
My own quote is:  “Money doesn’t buy happiness, but on the right hands, lives can be changed for good.”





Thank you.


And the third one called:


       Money doesn't grow on trees, but I don't need it to grow.

The phrase: “The money doesn’t grow on trees” is normally used with a little of frustration inside, because most people wish It did. 


Nevertheless, I am one in a million who actually don’t want money to appear so extremely easy, for me that is not a synonym of happiness. In my 18 years, I have seen where happiness doesn’t come from, and one of those is the money.


I would rather not focus these few letters on what doesn’t make me happiness, but what does. A beginning, that is probably the one most significant, is doing what you like to do, what you enjoy. It might sound as a cliché but it is true. As a matter of fact, I am still discovering what makes me happy and what doesn’t, and throughout the time I have been studying I have realized that no one is able to take my happiness, but me.
The way you see things and the energy you invest will determine the results. It may not be enough sometimes, but you will do it better next time.

Tears, sweat and effort will bring you closer to your target, not money. Because money is just a tool with a dollar sign on it, but nothing else. The situation is that money is a tool you possess among many others, which could eventually bring you further than “privileged people”.

I would like to conclude this humble essay by writing my every morning thought: ”Money in the wrong hands is completely useless,  but love, will, and self-determination, is the most powerful weapon you can have”.



Thanks for reading. 


I hope you enjoyed this blog, I recommend you to subribe to the channels I just shared, they have helped me and I'm sure they could help anyone.


Thanks for reading this blog, see you next time!










No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario